What are cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit certain websites.
What cookies do we use and why?
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work. For example, we use user-input cookies for the duration of a session to keep track of a user’s input when filling in forms that span several pages.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our Website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for our Website to work. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, user-input cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart, or fill in forms that span several pages.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies. Some cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Social and Content Cookies. These cookies are placed by many social media plugins (for example, the Facebook “like” button), and other tools meant to provide or improve the content on a website (for example services that allow the playing of video files, or that create comments sections).
You can find more information about the individual cookies described above and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
How Long Will Cookies Remain on My Computer or Mobile Device?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing, and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. See the section below on how to control cookies for more information on removing them before they expire.
How to Control Cookies?
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience, and parts of our Website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage, or filter cookies please see your browser’s help file or sites such as http://www.allaboutcookies.org.